USED CNC LATHE FOR SALE What They Do:
CNC used lathe machines spin a block of material against a drill bit—essentially the opposite of a drill.
Benefits of Used Lathes:
- Provides a simulated visualization of the machine’s process
- Requires less intimate knowledge of the machine than older types
- Can be set and operated by the same person
- Popular CNC Lathes Brands: Mazak Lathes, DMG Mori Lathes, Mori Seiki Lathes, Okuma Lathes, Haas Lathes, Doosan Lathes, Hyundai-Wia Lathes, Hwacheon Lathes, Hurco Lathes, Nakamura-Tome Lathes, Johnford Lathes, Chevalier Lathes, Ganesh Lathes, Samsung Lathes, Mighty Viper Lathes and Weiler Lathes
SWISS-STYLE CNC LATHES
Benefits of Swiss-style CNC Lathes:
- Provides extreme accuracy
- Ideal for slender workpieces and small-diameter parts
- Capable of fast cycle times
- Popular Swiss-Style CNC Lathe Brands: Citizen Lathes, Star Lathes, Tsugami Lathes, Miyano Lathes, Nomura Lathes, KSI Lathes, Hanwa Lathes and Tornos Lathes
2 AXIS LATHES
Benefits of 2 Axis Lathes:
- 2 axis lathes have both an X- and a Z-axis.
- 2 axis lathes are used for round parts.
- 2 axis lathes cut material as it rotates.
3 AXIS LATHES AND CNC TURNING CENTERS
Benefits of 3 Axis Lathes:
- 3 axis lathes can machine curves.
- 3 axis CNC turning centers may have more than one spindle.
- 3 axis CNC turning centers with multiple spindles can make more complex parts.
4 AXIS LATHES
Benefits of 4 Axis Lathes:
- 4 axis lathes have a rotary C-axis.
- 4 axis lathes have small motors that allow for milling and contouring.
- 4 axis lathes can be made even more efficient by mounting an independent milling head with tool-change capabilities.
5 AXIS LATHES
Benefits of 5 Axis Lathes:
- 5 axis lathes have additions to either the A or B axis, typically (XYZAC or XYABC).
- 5 axis lathes are able to perform angle cuts.
- 5 axis lathes are the most versatile and efficient of all CNC lathes.